Community Investment Funds Grants
COMMUNITY INVESTMENT COMMITTEE
Purpose: The purpose of the Pullman Chamber of Commerce “Community Investment Committee” is to further chamber visibility & enhance the Pullman community impact through investment activities related Pullman 2040 initiatives.
Membership: Volunteer committee membership to include a minimum of 5 chamber board members and includes the Pullman Chamber treasurer.
Allocation: Initial start-up funding to be $50,000. For sustainability and continuity, subsequent annual funding will be reviewed by & requested from the Pullman Chamber Board for approval during the January board meeting, annually, and will be based on an allocation of 25% of previous fiscal year end net income up to $50,000. Allocated funds will come from donations and fundraising initiatives of the Chamber and not Chamber membership dues.
Size: Application requests will be accepted for funding needs that have a minimum of $250 and a maximum of $10,000.
- Application requests will be submitted to the Chamber and redirected to the chamber treasurer for dissemination to the committee.
- The committee will review applications for approval, modification or denial at regularly scheduled monthly meetings only if there are applications to review, with a majority vote necessary, and will report activities at the next regularly scheduled Chamber Board meeting.
- The committee will have the power to allocate designated resources for approved applications up to $5,000. Requests in excess of $5,000 will be reviewed by the committee and if applicable, will be presented for board approval.
- Upon approval, funding will be allocated to the recipient by the Chamber President & Executive Director at a Chamber GML, Chamber event or other time frame/event as determined to provide the best visibility.
What the CIFC will fund:
- Pullman Community Projects
- Pullman Community Improvements
- Projects that will have a lasting impact on Pullman
- Projects that fit within the scope of the Pullman 2040 Initiatives
What the CIFC will not fund:
- Operational Expenses
- Projects already completed
- Projects that fall outside of the City of Pullman