Why Should You Join the Chamber of Commerce?
Our primary goal – to help business owners network and grow
while protecting and promoting our member businesses.
The Pullman Chamber of Commerce also acts as Pullman’s
visitor center and promotes tourism on the Palouse.
1. Membership brings credibility – customers are more likely to visit member businesses; if a business shows that it is highly involved in their local chamber, consumers believe the company is more trustworthy and an industry leader
2. Increased visibility/free press – new members are listed in various chamber publications; long term members appear in renewal lists and in the online and published business directory
3. Networking opportunities – people do business with people they know. Getting to know other business members through chamber functions increases your community exposure and can help you solve business problems, as well as introduce new business opportunities
4. Gain a voice in government – the chamber and committee involvement advocates for small businesses and has an active voice in new regulations and laws that affect small business, as well as established collaboration with the city granting access to community leaders and elected officials
5. Keep up to date on community events – newsletters and updates are routinely sent to members, highlighting upcoming events, workshops and meetings
6. Learn something new – the chamber sponsors workshops and seminars geared towards furthering education for local businesses
7. Referrals – we direct inquiries to our member businesses first
8. Marketing of products and services – the chamber utilizes social media and other resources to encourage patronage of member businesses and attendance at special events
9. Committee involvement – the chamber is involved in several committees to ensure that we are up to date on what is important to Pullman and its businesses
10. Invest in your local economy – supporting and participating in the chamber helps build a strong customer base and a better workforce