Board of Director positions opened 9-1-2015
Application for Board Membership
MUST RETURN TO CHAMBER OFFICE BY OCTOBER 1, 2015
Pullman Chamber of Commerce
Board of Directors Job Description
Described briefly below are the duties and responsibilities of each member of the Chamber Board of Directors (Officers excluded).
NOTE: Since the policy of the Pullman Chamber of Commerce prescribes that Board members shall act as Board Liaison for one of the standing committees, this job description will also cover the duties and responsibilities of standing committee chairs.
- Directors will assist in the development of policy for the Chamber of Commerce and advise the Executive Committee of needed or desirable policy changes.
- Each Director will strive to gain complete awareness of all policies and functions of the Chamber of Commerce.
- By Board President appointment, Board members may be assigned as a Board Liaison of a Chamber standing committee.
- Each Director is expected to accept the responsibility of his/her specific committee and see that all functions are carried out to successful conclusions.
- Each Director will assist in “Business Plan Development” by actively participating in the Annual Planning session and by proposing a sound Business Plan for his/her respective committee to accomplish.
- Each Director will demonstrate loyalty to the Chamber of Commerce and strive to develop good working relationships with all elements of the community.
- Directors will show willingness and a desire to gather broad input from the membership and submit to the members, for their decision, as many matters as they are willing to act upon.
- Directors will help membership by providing four leads per year to the Executive Director.
Meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00am. Committee meetings are varied and can be found at http://pullmanchamber.com/business-information/committees/